This rule set is applied to another game type. Read that game’s rules to learn how to win!
Modifier – Shieldbearers protecc, they attacc, but they still get shot in the bacc.
- Players on each team are designated shieldbearers.
- Shieldbearers may carry one shield.
- If circular, the shield may measure up to 3 feet and 2.5 inches in diameter.
- If not circular, the shield may measure up to four feet top to bottom, and up to two feet left to right.
- Shieldbearers may only carry melee weapons and low-powered blasters.
- Shieldbearers’ blasters can have up to 40 total stored capacity (two 20-round mags, four 10-round mags, 40-round hopper, etc.). The blasters can shoot up to 70 fps flywheel, or 100 fps springer.
- The shield blocks all melee weapons, 50-caliber darts, Vortex discs, Boomco darts, and Rival balls.
- If the shieldbearer is carrying a shield, they are eliminated when the shield is hit by a Mega dart, a sock bomb, or other oversized projectile. The shield explodes or something.
- Shieldbearers may drop their shield. Until it falls down and stops moving, hits to the shield still count as tags as if the shieldbearer was still carrying it.
- Shieldbearers may not pick up dropped shields, including their own, unless they’re returning to spawn after being hit.
- Shieldbearers may carry flags, capture points in King of the Hill, and otherwise play objectives.
- Protip – Shieldbearers can escort flywheel wielders into their effective range. This is a very effective counterplay to snipers.
- Protip – Tuck your head and feed behind your shield to protect yourself from marksmen.
- Protip – Shieldbearers are vulnerable from the sides and back. If they’re punishing you, try repositioning.
- Protip – Umbrellas make excellent shields.